DreamHost is an independently owned LA-based web hosting provider and domain name registrar, founded in 1997. What started out as four college friends in a dorm room is now an award-winning global web hosting provider, with more than 1.5 million websites on their servers.
Notable Features and Services
DreamHost provides a full-spectrum of services for growing or specialized hosting needs, some of which include:
- Full refunds on shared hosting fees if plan is canceled within the first 97 days.
- Complete in-house technical support team, based in Portland, Los Angeles, and Orange County, CA.
- Shared Hosting, Managed WordPress Hosting, Managed VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Server plans available.
- 100% uptime guarantee with a day’s service credit offered for every hour of interrupted service.
- Solid state drives used for all plans, resulting in caching and database queries running faster.
Reasons for Choosing DreamHost
In addition to reliable uptime and response times and highly reliable hosting services, other reasons to consider DreamHost include:
- A tinkerer or developer’s dream: DreamHost is a proud supporter open-source technology. Their public cloud product, DreamCompute, and cloud storage system, DreamObjects, are both powered by standardized, open-source platforms.
- Going above the gold standard: DreamHost does what most hosting providers don’t: commit to having an uptime that exceeds the industry standard of 99.9%. In fact, they guarantee 100% uptime and will credit you for every hour your service is down.
- A trusted name in hosting: DreamHost is the recipient of PC Magazine’s Business Choice Award for the last three years and is one of only four hosts recommended by WordPress. DreamHost is committed to providing an excellent WordPress experience for its users by offering both basic WordPress hosting as well as DreamPress for users who want even more piece of mind.
- A cloud that grows with your business: Cloud hosting offers a flexible platform that can scale up and down to meet your needs, and DreamHost helps clients migrate workloads from public cloud to their own private cloud. DreamHost strives to ensure migration is fast, simple, and accurate.
View hosting plans and prices from DreamHost Web Hosting »
InMotion Hosting is a privately held, US-based web hosting company offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting and Dedicated Servers. Started in 2001 and located in Virginia Beach, VA, and Los Angeles, CA, InMotion provides a variety of plans for individuals and small and large businesses.
Notable Features and Services
InMotion offers plenty of hosting services and features to choose from, and some of which include:
- 90-day full money-back guarantee with all hosting plans.
- Free Premier Support with every hosting plan with six different methods of customer assistance, including phone, live chat, email, ticket system, online tutorials, and a community based Q&A forum.
- Solid-state drives for uncompromising performance, reliability and efficiency over traditional hard drives.
- Windows-based hosting AND Linux-based hosting options available with dedicated server plans available.
- Matches and often beats the industry gold standard of 99.9% network uptime.
Why Choose InMotion Hosting?
InMotion is a trusted name in the hosting business for many notable reasons, including:
- InMotion speaks to all levels of experience. Support staff is available 24/7, quick to respond to all inquiries, and are very active in the community support forums. Whether you’re new to hosting or you’re deploying a complex configuration on your site, InMotions’s New Account Specialists are available to help.
- Users have access to one of the best Auto Script Installers out there. InMotion provide Softaculous, which helps users install common web content management systems like WordPress, Joomla, Prestashop, Drupal etc. It’s a great tool in cPanel that allows installing hundreds of different scripts in a click of a button. Over 310 applications can be installed with Softaculous!
- Fast, secure, and RELIABLE servers mean minimal downtime and no loss of data. Servers run the latest Apache, MySQL, and PHP versions to ensure proper compatibility and data centers are Category A, PCI compliant with advanced Smart Routing™ technology. Well-managed and reliable servers guarantee secured and anytime access to your data.
View hosting plans and prices from InMotion Hosting »