DreamHost is an independently owned LA-based web hosting provider and domain name registrar, founded in 1997. What started out as four college friends in a dorm room is now an award-winning global web hosting provider, with more than 1.5 million websites on their servers.
Notable Features and Services
DreamHost provides a full-spectrum of services for growing or specialized hosting needs, some of which include:
- Full refunds on shared hosting fees if plan is canceled within the first 97 days.
- Complete in-house technical support team, based in Portland, Los Angeles, and Orange County, CA.
- Shared Hosting, Managed WordPress Hosting, Managed VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Server plans available.
- 100% uptime guarantee with a day’s service credit offered for every hour of interrupted service.
- Solid state drives used for all plans, resulting in caching and database queries running faster.
Reasons for Choosing DreamHost
In addition to reliable uptime and response times and highly reliable hosting services, other reasons to consider DreamHost include:
- A tinkerer or developer’s dream: DreamHost is a proud supporter open-source technology. Their public cloud product, DreamCompute, and cloud storage system, DreamObjects, are both powered by standardized, open-source platforms.
- Going above the gold standard: DreamHost does what most hosting providers don’t: commit to having an uptime that exceeds the industry standard of 99.9%. In fact, they guarantee 100% uptime and will credit you for every hour your service is down.
- A trusted name in hosting: DreamHost is the recipient of PC Magazine’s Business Choice Award for the last three years and is one of only four hosts recommended by WordPress. DreamHost is committed to providing an excellent WordPress experience for its users by offering both basic WordPress hosting as well as DreamPress for users who want even more piece of mind.
- A cloud that grows with your business: Cloud hosting offers a flexible platform that can scale up and down to meet your needs, and DreamHost helps clients migrate workloads from public cloud to their own private cloud. DreamHost strives to ensure migration is fast, simple, and accurate.