InMotion Hosting is a privately held, US-based web hosting company offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting and Dedicated Servers. Started in 2001 and located in Virginia Beach, VA, and Los Angeles, CA, InMotion provides a variety of plans for individuals and small and large businesses.
Notable Features and Services
InMotion offers plenty of hosting services and features to choose from, and some of which include:
- 90-day full money-back guarantee with all hosting plans.
- Free Premier Support with every hosting plan with six different methods of customer assistance, including phone, live chat, email, ticket system, online tutorials, and a community based Q&A forum.
- Solid-state drives for uncompromising performance, reliability and efficiency over traditional hard drives.
- Windows-based hosting AND Linux-based hosting options available with dedicated server plans available.
- Matches and often beats the industry gold standard of 99.9% network uptime.
Why Choose InMotion Hosting?
InMotion is a trusted name in the hosting business for many notable reasons, including:
- InMotion speaks to all levels of experience. Support staff is available 24/7, quick to respond to all inquiries, and are very active in the community support forums. Whether you’re new to hosting or you’re deploying a complex configuration on your site, InMotions’s New Account Specialists are available to help.
- Users have access to one of the best Auto Script Installers out there. InMotion provide Softaculous, which helps users install common web content management systems like WordPress, Joomla, Prestashop, Drupal etc. It’s a great tool in cPanel that allows installing hundreds of different scripts in a click of a button. Over 310 applications can be installed with Softaculous!
- Fast, secure, and RELIABLE servers mean minimal downtime and no loss of data. Servers run the latest Apache, MySQL, and PHP versions to ensure proper compatibility and data centers are Category A, PCI compliant with advanced Smart Routing™ technology. Well-managed and reliable servers guarantee secured and anytime access to your data.
View hosting plans and prices from InMotion Hosting »
Understanding the different kinds of email when choosing your hosting provider
When choosing your host you may need to consider email. This is because hosting providers offer the option to host email associated with your domain. Sometimes people will choose to host only their email if they want a professional looking email address but without the need to bother with maintaining a website.
Everyone wants the best deal at the best price, there is nothing wrong with that but choosing a good host is about more than finding the lowest price.
When it comes to hosting there is no shortage of options. There is also an abundance of providers seemingly offering the world for rock bottom prices.
A cheap deal is not always the best deal but it’s not always the worst either, It might be perfect for someone else but what you need is something that is perfect, or as close as, for you.
The host that you choose to use can have a direct impact on the quality of service your website users receive, both positive or negative. Furthermore, it can transform the ease of how you manage your website.
You should never be complacent about your hosting provider, if the service you’re experiencing is less than ideal for you then it’s likely to be the same for your websites users too. I have found and could even be having a negative impact on your ranking in search engines. In this case, it may be time to consider if the host is right for you.
Sometimes you may just need to upgrade your package, sometimes you may need to change your host altogether, either way here are several signs the time has come to start making upgrades.
You may be surprised by how many decisions need to be made when managing a new website. If you’re just getting started on your journey it’s not unusual to feel a mixture of excitement for the challenge you have ahead of you and daunted by the array of topics you need to learn about.
It’s true web design and development can be complex to understand so these four key topics will help you get started with what you need to be considering as you get started.