A WordPress site that is not secure is inevitable going to be targeted. It’s not if but when. Thankfully your WordPress can be defended.
To understand how this can be prevented it can be useful to know why WordPress is targeted.
Web building and drag and drop tools are getting better and are have become a viable option for professional website designers. Even web agencies have started to adopt tools like Squarespace and McCaw into their workflows. This is all reigniting the debate – do designers need to learn to code?
When maintaining a website it is virtually inevitable that at some point you may need to change your hosting provider.
There are lots of reasons why this may be the case – cost, space, server performance and support for example. I recently went through this experience myself as I missed the ability to make remote connections to my database. A feature I had gotten familiar with on a previous package.
The state of client-side web technology continues to evolve. CSS4 and HTML 5.1 has arrived bringing plenty of new features to explore.
Veteran web designers have seen a steady stream of upgrades to the core toolbox languages over the years. Much of this has brought stability and ease of use to their day. But not all has been easily accessible.
By making time for Rapid interactive prototyping in your web design process you can improve the user experience of your designs, you can improve your communication with your clients and you can save time and money.
The method of designing an interactive prototype is gaining popularity and with tools available like Adobe XD and Usability Hub, the trend is set to continue.
One thing that has changed virtually beyond all recognition on the web is search. Incredible advancements in AI and algorithms brought to us by popular search engines deliver an ever advancing user experience capable of interpreting our intention when searching and learning from our language when we search for something it has not encountered before.
DreamHost is an independently owned LA-based web hosting provider and domain name registrar, founded in 1997. What started out as four college friends in a dorm room is now an award-winning global web hosting provider, with more than 1.5 million websites on their servers.
Notable Features and Services
DreamHost provides a full-spectrum of services for growing or specialized hosting needs, some of which include:
- Full refunds on shared hosting fees if plan is canceled within the first 97 days.
- Complete in-house technical support team, based in Portland, Los Angeles, and Orange County, CA.
- Shared Hosting, Managed WordPress Hosting, Managed VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Server plans available.
- 100% uptime guarantee with a day’s service credit offered for every hour of interrupted service.
- Solid state drives used for all plans, resulting in caching and database queries running faster.
Reasons for Choosing DreamHost
In addition to reliable uptime and response times and highly reliable hosting services, other reasons to consider DreamHost include:
- A tinkerer or developer’s dream: DreamHost is a proud supporter open-source technology. Their public cloud product, DreamCompute, and cloud storage system, DreamObjects, are both powered by standardized, open-source platforms.
- Going above the gold standard: DreamHost does what most hosting providers don’t: commit to having an uptime that exceeds the industry standard of 99.9%. In fact, they guarantee 100% uptime and will credit you for every hour your service is down.
- A trusted name in hosting: DreamHost is the recipient of PC Magazine’s Business Choice Award for the last three years and is one of only four hosts recommended by WordPress. DreamHost is committed to providing an excellent WordPress experience for its users by offering both basic WordPress hosting as well as DreamPress for users who want even more piece of mind.
- A cloud that grows with your business: Cloud hosting offers a flexible platform that can scale up and down to meet your needs, and DreamHost helps clients migrate workloads from public cloud to their own private cloud. DreamHost strives to ensure migration is fast, simple, and accurate.
View hosting plans and prices from DreamHost Web Hosting »
Have you decided that 2017 will be the year that you push yourself to keep on top of the emerging technologies and tools in web design? have you wondered how you will sift through these to find the ones that will actually help you solve common problems and not just be fashionable to use?
If so, I have compiled a list of tools that are defiantly worth checking out to help front-end web developers stay on top of this challenging task. Tools that will help you out with solid tasks in developments.
There are changes ahead for WordPress users as the platform evolves to promote aspects of security including moving towards SSL.
WordPress plan to only promote hosting partners that provide an SSL certificate to their accounts by default. This will happen in early 2017.
Later WordPress will consider making features available only enabled if SSL is present. Such features would be those that would benefit from SSL encryption and like API authentication.