Have you ever taken a look at a really well-designed website and wondered how did the designer ever come up with that idea. How could I design something cool like this in a short space of time? How can I even get the inspiration to design something so good?
The answer may lie in understanding user interface (UI) design patterns.
The designer behind the website you are admiring likely has an understanding of how to use UI patterns in their design. It’s kind of like one of the best-kept secrets of web design.
InMotion Hosting is a privately held, US-based web hosting company offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting and Dedicated Servers. Started in 2001 and located in Virginia Beach, VA, and Los Angeles, CA, InMotion provides a variety of plans for individuals and small and large businesses.
Notable Features and Services
InMotion offers plenty of hosting services and features to choose from, and some of which include:
- 90-day full money-back guarantee with all hosting plans.
- Free Premier Support with every hosting plan with six different methods of customer assistance, including phone, live chat, email, ticket system, online tutorials, and a community based Q&A forum.
- Solid-state drives for uncompromising performance, reliability and efficiency over traditional hard drives.
- Windows-based hosting AND Linux-based hosting options available with dedicated server plans available.
- Matches and often beats the industry gold standard of 99.9% network uptime.
Why Choose InMotion Hosting?
InMotion is a trusted name in the hosting business for many notable reasons, including:
- InMotion speaks to all levels of experience. Support staff is available 24/7, quick to respond to all inquiries, and are very active in the community support forums. Whether you’re new to hosting or you’re deploying a complex configuration on your site, InMotions’s New Account Specialists are available to help.
- Users have access to one of the best Auto Script Installers out there. InMotion provide Softaculous, which helps users install common web content management systems like WordPress, Joomla, Prestashop, Drupal etc. It’s a great tool in cPanel that allows installing hundreds of different scripts in a click of a button. Over 310 applications can be installed with Softaculous!
- Fast, secure, and RELIABLE servers mean minimal downtime and no loss of data. Servers run the latest Apache, MySQL, and PHP versions to ensure proper compatibility and data centers are Category A, PCI compliant with advanced Smart Routing™ technology. Well-managed and reliable servers guarantee secured and anytime access to your data.
View hosting plans and prices from InMotion Hosting »
Do you have a WordPress website that is turning into a pain to manage? It may be because your plugin management strategy needs improvement. Plugins in WordPress are meant to make your life easier but if they incorrectly managed they can create the opposite result.
Fun, frustration, confusion, hard work and a great sense of accomplishment. This is what you can expect from life on the road to becoming a successful front-end web designer.
Building websites and applications for yourself and eventually, your own clients is a rewarding career choice offering opportunities to work flexibly on your own schedule for often lucrative projects. it involves creatively designing unique layouts and finding solutions for code problems. The sky is the limit with the continuously developing field of technology that continues to push boundaries.
If you have ever tried to share a 4gb file over email then you know what a painful process it can be. The file can easily be rejected due to its size, information about file size limits are not always easily available and speeds for upload and download can be bitterly slow.
After all that the attachments may even be rejected at the recipient’s side if their security is particularly tight. In some cases, firewalls are set up to never let attachments through.
It’s a clunky process and fortunately, there are much better alternatives by using services specially designed for file hosting and sharing. There are two main options when it comes to file hosting services:
1 Dedicated file sharing services
2 General file storage
The stereotype of the isolated programmer has become old and tired and if it was ever really true it is far from true now. Coding has become a social activity with online communities, applications and resources dedicated to bringing communities of coders together to share ideas, give each other a helping hand to solve problems and to innovate together.
I have put together this list of my three most useful resources that I use when coding. These are all great for collaboration. Useful in their own way and tools now I have started using them leave me wondering how I got by without them.
Understanding the different kinds of email when choosing your hosting provider
When choosing your host you may need to consider email. This is because hosting providers offer the option to host email associated with your domain. Sometimes people will choose to host only their email if they want a professional looking email address but without the need to bother with maintaining a website.
Everyone wants the best deal at the best price, there is nothing wrong with that but choosing a good host is about more than finding the lowest price.
When it comes to hosting there is no shortage of options. There is also an abundance of providers seemingly offering the world for rock bottom prices.
A cheap deal is not always the best deal but it’s not always the worst either, It might be perfect for someone else but what you need is something that is perfect, or as close as, for you.
A fundamental element of any website you work on is its typography – how your text is displayed. After all, much of the information displayed that your visitors are consuming is displayed through type. The common phrase is content is king so this quick guide to typography for web developers will help you design content with easy to read typography.
One of the easiest ways to experiment and improve your design skills is by experimenting with typography. It’s a skill that will take some practice and refining to get just right so that your web design is readable and effective it’s also something that gives immediate result when giving your design a quick overhaul.
I will describe some of the common typeface phrases you are likely to encounter, how a letter form is constructed is and how to use them effectively in your website designs.
The host that you choose to use can have a direct impact on the quality of service your website users receive, both positive or negative. Furthermore, it can transform the ease of how you manage your website.
You should never be complacent about your hosting provider, if the service you’re experiencing is less than ideal for you then it’s likely to be the same for your websites users too. I have found and could even be having a negative impact on your ranking in search engines. In this case, it may be time to consider if the host is right for you.
Sometimes you may just need to upgrade your package, sometimes you may need to change your host altogether, either way here are several signs the time has come to start making upgrades.