One thing that has changed virtually beyond all recognition on the web is search. Incredible advancements in AI and algorithms brought to us by popular search engines deliver an ever advancing user experience capable of interpreting our intention when searching and learning from our language when we search for something it has not encountered before.
DreamHost is an independently owned LA-based web hosting provider and domain name registrar, founded in 1997. What started out as four college friends in a dorm room is now an award-winning global web hosting provider, with more than 1.5 million websites on their servers.
Notable Features and Services
DreamHost provides a full-spectrum of services for growing or specialized hosting needs, some of which include:
- Full refunds on shared hosting fees if plan is canceled within the first 97 days.
- Complete in-house technical support team, based in Portland, Los Angeles, and Orange County, CA.
- Shared Hosting, Managed WordPress Hosting, Managed VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Server plans available.
- 100% uptime guarantee with a day’s service credit offered for every hour of interrupted service.
- Solid state drives used for all plans, resulting in caching and database queries running faster.
Reasons for Choosing DreamHost
In addition to reliable uptime and response times and highly reliable hosting services, other reasons to consider DreamHost include:
- A tinkerer or developer’s dream: DreamHost is a proud supporter open-source technology. Their public cloud product, DreamCompute, and cloud storage system, DreamObjects, are both powered by standardized, open-source platforms.
- Going above the gold standard: DreamHost does what most hosting providers don’t: commit to having an uptime that exceeds the industry standard of 99.9%. In fact, they guarantee 100% uptime and will credit you for every hour your service is down.
- A trusted name in hosting: DreamHost is the recipient of PC Magazine’s Business Choice Award for the last three years and is one of only four hosts recommended by WordPress. DreamHost is committed to providing an excellent WordPress experience for its users by offering both basic WordPress hosting as well as DreamPress for users who want even more piece of mind.
- A cloud that grows with your business: Cloud hosting offers a flexible platform that can scale up and down to meet your needs, and DreamHost helps clients migrate workloads from public cloud to their own private cloud. DreamHost strives to ensure migration is fast, simple, and accurate.
View hosting plans and prices from DreamHost Web Hosting »
Have you decided that 2017 will be the year that you push yourself to keep on top of the emerging technologies and tools in web design? have you wondered how you will sift through these to find the ones that will actually help you solve common problems and not just be fashionable to use?
If so, I have compiled a list of tools that are defiantly worth checking out to help front-end web developers stay on top of this challenging task. Tools that will help you out with solid tasks in developments.
There are changes ahead for WordPress users as the platform evolves to promote aspects of security including moving towards SSL.
WordPress plan to only promote hosting partners that provide an SSL certificate to their accounts by default. This will happen in early 2017.
Later WordPress will consider making features available only enabled if SSL is present. Such features would be those that would benefit from SSL encryption and like API authentication.
Any savvy web shopper will know to look out for the encryption symbol when buying on the web. It’s the little padlock that signals that a website is safe to use. Using SSL/TLS Protocol encryption means that no ‘man in the middle attacks’ can steal sensitive information like your credit card details.
You can secure your website too. The process is easier than it has ever been before, has lower costs to implement and can often even be free. Web sites secured with SSL will need to have installed an SSL certificate.
As a Web Developer, I am frequently asked by my clients to develop applications that integrate with the external online services that their business or customers are already using.
In these situations, I need to work with an API – API stands for Application Programming Interface and acts as a communication gateway between by clients project and the external service.
API’s are used all over the web, they allow you to sign in to websites, make purchases, interact with your social media unique ways and have many more uses.
Why use an API?
Making us of an API for your project is an attractive option for developers and their clients alike when planning their application or website.
Have you ever taken a look at a really well-designed website and wondered how did the designer ever come up with that idea. How could I design something cool like this in a short space of time? How can I even get the inspiration to design something so good?
The answer may lie in understanding user interface (UI) design patterns.
The designer behind the website you are admiring likely has an understanding of how to use UI patterns in their design. It’s kind of like one of the best-kept secrets of web design.
InMotion Hosting is a privately held, US-based web hosting company offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting and Dedicated Servers. Started in 2001 and located in Virginia Beach, VA, and Los Angeles, CA, InMotion provides a variety of plans for individuals and small and large businesses.
Notable Features and Services
InMotion offers plenty of hosting services and features to choose from, and some of which include:
- 90-day full money-back guarantee with all hosting plans.
- Free Premier Support with every hosting plan with six different methods of customer assistance, including phone, live chat, email, ticket system, online tutorials, and a community based Q&A forum.
- Solid-state drives for uncompromising performance, reliability and efficiency over traditional hard drives.
- Windows-based hosting AND Linux-based hosting options available with dedicated server plans available.
- Matches and often beats the industry gold standard of 99.9% network uptime.
Why Choose InMotion Hosting?
InMotion is a trusted name in the hosting business for many notable reasons, including:
- InMotion speaks to all levels of experience. Support staff is available 24/7, quick to respond to all inquiries, and are very active in the community support forums. Whether you’re new to hosting or you’re deploying a complex configuration on your site, InMotions’s New Account Specialists are available to help.
- Users have access to one of the best Auto Script Installers out there. InMotion provide Softaculous, which helps users install common web content management systems like WordPress, Joomla, Prestashop, Drupal etc. It’s a great tool in cPanel that allows installing hundreds of different scripts in a click of a button. Over 310 applications can be installed with Softaculous!
- Fast, secure, and RELIABLE servers mean minimal downtime and no loss of data. Servers run the latest Apache, MySQL, and PHP versions to ensure proper compatibility and data centers are Category A, PCI compliant with advanced Smart Routing™ technology. Well-managed and reliable servers guarantee secured and anytime access to your data.
View hosting plans and prices from InMotion Hosting »
Do you have a WordPress website that is turning into a pain to manage? It may be because your plugin management strategy needs improvement. Plugins in WordPress are meant to make your life easier but if they incorrectly managed they can create the opposite result.
Fun, frustration, confusion, hard work and a great sense of accomplishment. This is what you can expect from life on the road to becoming a successful front-end web designer.
Building websites and applications for yourself and eventually, your own clients is a rewarding career choice offering opportunities to work flexibly on your own schedule for often lucrative projects. it involves creatively designing unique layouts and finding solutions for code problems. The sky is the limit with the continuously developing field of technology that continues to push boundaries.